On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 08:59 -0400, Jason Bertoch wrote:
> I think it's safe to say I'm not in the minority when I receive SPF-Compliant
> spam.  I'm looking for opinions on what we can honestly derive from such
> messages regarding the sending server's IP and the sending address' domain
> name.
> Is it wise to blacklist both, or is this yet another case where SPF has failed
> to meet projections?

In that case, the "projections" were plain simply wrong: Almost everyone
was (successfully)
made to believe/expect that "SPF kills spam".
The real purpose is to detect forged/wrong/illegal senders and to - at
least - do not
backscatter/send error reports/... in that direction thus reducing the
overall mail
amount and hassle.

        Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services