Hello,

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:37:18 -0700, "Loren Wilton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>>> 2.    How does mail get from spamd to the users?
>>
>> When the check has been finished, mail is delivered by exim to an
>> appropriate user.
>
> Hum.  I don't know exim, although others here do.  It sounds to me like
> exim
> must have been modifying the SA produced markup and passing that along.

Ah.. that's quite likely! I use vexim (an addon to make virtual domain
handling easier) with exim.

> You
> could have gotten something like that line of +++++++++ marks using
> STARS(+).  But I have the impression you were upgrading from 2.6x or so,
> and
> I don't think you could change the character from an asterisk back then
> without modifying code.  (I may be wrong though, its been a long time).
> also don't think you could have gotten the specific spam header you
showed
> without some modifications somewhere.
>
> I would be inclined to look around the exim config and see if there is
> anything there that will redo the SA markup into another form.

Can you? I already commented some header_remove lines but their effect was
that emails which were considered not spam, their headers were not
modified. The below config file shows only uncommented lines.

http://szalbot.homedns.org/exim.txt

Many thanks in advance and thank you to Matt and you for bearing with me!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.slowo.pl