Rules for the SVN version are promoted and demoted automatically, and
updates are generated without human intervention.  However, it's
potentially unstable, and could cause false positives.  We haven't yet had
the time to work out an agreed way to implement a safe version of
automatic update generation for the stable tree, so for now, the stable
tree is reliant on committers hand-copying the rules -- and this hasn't
been happening much recently.

--j.