On Sunday, Oct 21st 2007 at 00:27 -0000, quoth Igor Chudov:

=>I was looking at this article
=>
=>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail_spam
=>
=>It claims that "only five countries are hosting 99.68% of the global
=>spammer websites", of which the foremost is China, hosting 73.58% of
=>all web sites referenced within spam.[30]
=>
=>I already refuse all email coming from China (and Korea). Never
=>regretted this.
=>
=>Now, I also want to ignore all emails mentioning all China and Korea
=>hosted websites (not just .cn, but also .coms and so on that have
=>Chinese IPs).
=>
=>I will have to not do so with Russia hosted sites, due to me being a
=>Russian by origin.
=>
=>Is there some tool that I could use to accomplish that?

I realize that this is a spamassassin list, but I do have another trick
that I use:

http://countries.nerd.dk/

So in my sendmail.mc I have the following incantations:

FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`tr.countries.nerd.dk', `SPAM from Turkey:$&{client_addr}
rejected',`t')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`kr.countries.nerd.dk', `SPAM from Korea:$&{client_addr}
rejected',`t')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`cn.countries.nerd.dk', `SPAM from China:$&{client_addr}
rejected',`t')dnl

This then just rejects them at the first tickle of a packet from them.

steveo at syslang.net