On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 08:35 -0500, Andy Norris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this is relevant for you or not, but on our mail
> server I could not get sa-update to work, either. I noticed that if
> the directory was not there, however, it would work.

Sounds like a permissions issue.

>  So a down and
> dirty approach I took was writing a crop job that removes that
> directory just before running sa-update.

So, you delete it every time, even when there are no updates?  And since
updates occur about once or twice a month, you are downloading the same
stuff over and over.  Plus you are missing rules at certain points of
the cycle....

>  I know this is going to be a
> bit much for some folks on here to handle, but I had to get on with
> life at some point!
true, but you could just find the real problem (permissions) and fix it.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy