Mike Kenny wrote:

    I hope to use this to cut down on spam and phishing attempts, because
    I could identify legitimate mail by virtue of having the correct
    sender address (or at least domain) and recipient. That is, mail from
    [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to the
    [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is very likely mail
    from my bank, but mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to that same address
    is not.  Likewise, mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    is invalid.

Won't greylisting fulfill most of the requirements here?

No. greylisting will not block mail from real MTAs that retry, unless they have been block listed in the meantime.