Gene Heskett wrote:

Even though I have followed the intructions in the error message twice now, I still have the same error when sa-update is run:

Did you also follow the instructions for the channel you are trying to update? They are available at <http://saupdates.openprotect.com/>.

# /usr/bin/sa-update --allowplugins --gpgkey D1C035168C1EBC08464946DA258CDB3ABDE9DC10 --channel saupdates.openprotect.com

The copmmand line above tries to update the channel "saupdates.openprotect.com" wich is not the official channel.

Perhaps you need to import the channel's GPG key?  For example:

    wget http://spamassassin.apache.org/updates/GPG.KEY
    sa-update --import GPG.KEY

Note the important "For example:" in the error message. The actual key you need to import is specific to the channel you are using. The key in the *example* is probably the key for the official channel.

The key used for the "saupdates.openprotect.com" channel, as speciefied in the instructions at <http://saupdates.openprotect.com/> is <http://saupdates.openprotect.com/pub.gpg>. (Note: OpenProtect recommends you use gpg to fetch their key from a key server rather than fetch it with wget.)

Regards
/Jonas

--
Jonas Eckerman, FSDB & Fruktträdet