On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 03:52:34PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >Hope this helps.
> It doesn't Theo.
>
> Copy/paste from the shell I was using:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# /usr/bin/sa-update --allowplugins --gpgkey
> D1C035168C1EBC08464946DA258CDB3ABDE9DC10 --channel saupdates.openprotect.com
> error: GPG validation failed!
> The update downloaded successfully, but it was not signed with a trusted GPG
> key.  Instead, it was signed with the following keys:
>
>     BDE9DC10

Other people have already responded I believe, but this is a third party
channel, so you'll want to talk to them about their key.  The official SA
updates signing key isn't going to help with non-official updates.

I'm guessing it's the same cross-certify issue we had on the SA updates
channel, so it's probably just going to be the channel owner doing the
cross-certify and publishing the new key, and then people can import
the new key and go from there.

> This is round 15, and the winner is by a unanimous decision, the ID-10-T that
> changed it. :-)

I think you upgraded GPG recently. :)   Newer GPGs will fail the verification
step if the key isn't cross certified.  It was never required before, and was
then turned into a warning until recently when it became an error.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"... and what are you?  I'm an otter.  and what do you do?  I swim around