On Friday 11 January 2008, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 03:52:34PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >Hope this helps.
>>
>> It doesn't Theo.
>>
>> Copy/paste from the shell I was using:
>>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# /usr/bin/sa-update --allowplugins --gpgkey
>> D1C035168C1EBC08464946DA258CDB3ABDE9DC10 --channel
>> saupdates.openprotect.com error: GPG validation failed!
>> The update downloaded successfully, but it was not signed with a trusted
>> GPG key.  Instead, it was signed with the following keys:
>>
>>     BDE9DC10
>
>Other people have already responded I believe, but this is a third party
>channel, so you'll want to talk to them about their key.  The official SA
>updates signing key isn't going to help with non-official updates.
>
>I'm guessing it's the same cross-certify issue we had on the SA updates
>channel, so it's probably just going to be the channel owner doing the
>cross-certify and publishing the new key, and then people can import
>the new key and go from there.
>
>> This is round 15, and the winner is by a unanimous decision, the ID-10-T
>> that changed it. :-)
>
>I think you upgraded GPG recently. :)   Newer GPGs will fail the
> verification step if the key isn't cross certified.  It was never required
> before, and was then turned into a warning until recently when it became an
> error.

That's possible I suppose.  In watching what pup wants to update, I've had
bigger fish than gpg to monitor.  Is there a history file I can consult to
find out?

Bear in mind my fav pkg manager is smart, although yumex gets a bit of work
here too cuz finding out howto info on setting up a new repo in smart is
about as scarce as hens teeth, often made of pure ignorium or pure
unobtainuim.  I like smart, it does things much more intuitively than yumex,
but its man pages need some tlc.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)