On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 04:51 -0600, Jeff Chan wrote:
> Quoting ram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > I had read about the whois plugin into SA. But I cant seem to find it
> > now Can someone tell me how do I install this
> > I beleive that could be a very effective idea to score on domain names
> > who have bad registrars
> >

> > Every hour hundreds of domains get registered purely for the purpose of
> > spamming. That is what I assume because I see so many new  one liner
> > spams with just a link  to a site, and soon the  site gets listed in
> > URIBL* If I could just block these spammers based on their registrars
> > then SA could turn very effective. I could even use this information at
> > my MTA and reject mails from spamming domains
> >

> > BTW is it allowed to do automated whois queries. I initially though this
> > was not allowed
>
> It is *NOT* allowed to do automated whois queries, and this plugin is
> not a good idea.  As far as blacklisting entire registrars, can you
> tell us any registrars that are 100% bad?  I can't.

I hope this would change. Whois information must be standardized and
must be available for automated queries

If a domain is used for any illegal activity then the registrar is also
responsible to some extent.  If people start blocking all domains from
that registrar, then registrars will be more careful while registering
any new domains.

For starters I could easily give a score for bad-registrars.

Thanks
Ram