Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
> It is a multipart/alternative message -- in this case HTML. ;)  For
> reference, please, always paste the entire, raw message. Don't
> copy-n-paste what your MUA displays as body. (I was going to reply to
> your previous mail, but you beat me to it.)

Definitely posting the raw message in its entirety is best.  In this
particular case this spam is very common and we have all seen it many
times so it doesn't really matter.  But for other random spam being
able to pick apart the headers and encoding is an important part of
the forensic study.

Using pastebin on the spamassassin users mailing list is still
relatively new so it will probably take a while before people get used
to it.  But I think it is a really good way to do things and so I
definitely suggest sticking to it through the startup learning.

> Also, there now are three copies. ;)  The other one you pasted just a
> minute after this got an expiration time. However, it much too short for
> mailing list conversation. 4 hours is not sufficient.

I suggest the "1 month" setting for most spam related email related to
mailing list discussion.  After a month it isn't really topical
anymore.  Three months would be fine too but there wouldn't be much
point for longer.  On an IRC channel where things are happening
immediately then four hours to one day is probably sufficient with
even one week being overkill for IRC. (shrug.)  As long as it
_eventually_ expires then ultimately everything will get cleaned up
and the exact time isn't very important.  Too bad there isn't a
default expire there as on other pastebins.

Bob