On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The Bayes DB has been learned and in effect for a long time - years before my time.

No ID's have changed or the config that has caused this error.
I add users to the whitelist - and use sa-learn - that's it.

ok.

0.000          0     797361          0  non-token data: nspam
0.000          0     665377          0  non-token data: nham

ok.

2.
sa-learn running as "amavis".

[EMAIL PROTECTED] spam-email]$ id
uid=503(amavis) gid=504(amavis) groups=504(amavis)

3.
I think we are filtering with Spamd - how can I tell - in a config file or
dir? (/etc/mail./spamassasin or /var/amavis/.spamassassin)
I have both binaries...

I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with how amavisd hooks into SA.

4.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# ps axu | grep spamd
root     18580  0.0  0.1  1736  588 pts/2    S    14:00   0:00 grep spamd

That seems to indicate spamd isn't in use.

Hmm.

Do you have autolearn turned on? Perhaps the messages were already automatically learned and are being ignored when you later try to manually train.

You said those sa-learn errors started happening recently - was SA updated? Was perl updated?

Grab a missed spam out of your mailbox and run it through SA with debug, then compare the score to what it got when it went through your MTA. As Theo noted, the earlier example looked misformatted enough (the MISSING_* hits) to push the score over the threshold.

And given that the bug was not related to Node.pm, did you keep the unpatched Node.pm around? You might want to consider upgrading to 3.1.9, if you're not willing to go to 3.2.x yet...

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  The fetters imposed on liberty at home have ever been forged out
  of the weapons provided for defense against real, pretended, or
  imaginary dangers from abroad.               -- James Madison, 1799
 2 days until George Washington's 276th Birthday