Jason Bertoch wrote:

I just discovered that over the last several weeks, I'm getting an accumulation of hidden .spamassassin temporary files accumulating in /tmp, that aren't getting deleted, and as a result, that volume is filling up.

There was a version upgrade to SpamAssassin some time ago that broke the way
MIMEDefang was handling those files.  David released a new version of MD
shortly thereafter that fixed the issue.

Hmmm... So this may be an issue with MIMEDefang.

The Debian release number of MIMEDefang I'm running is 2.57-5. It may be that when Debian froze what went into etch, the current copy of MD was the one with that glitch in it.

I'll check the MD archives for release notes, and see what's in the Testing branch.

Thanks for the tip.

Smith