NFN Smith wrote:
The Debian release number of MIMEDefang I'm running is 2.57-5. It may be that when Debian froze what went into etch, the current copy of MD was the one with that glitch in it.

I'll check the MD archives for release notes, and see what's in the Testing branch.

The fix went into MIMEDefang 2.63. That's only one release back (the latest is 2.64), so you might want to look into the 2.64 changes while you're at it.

Relevant section from the 2.63 changelog:
mimedefang.pl.in(spam_assassin_status): Call $mail->finish() to
prevent temporary files from accumulating.

http://mimedefang.org/node.php?id=64

--
Kelson Vibber