On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 10:42 +0200, mouss wrote:
> Benny Pedersen wrote:
> > On Wed, April 2, 2008 02:06, William Terry wrote:
> >
> >> I mostly lurk here, gleaning bits of wisdom from those far more
> >> knowledgeable than me, however...
> >>

> > i have no clue either :-)
> >

> >> I am getting a dramatic increase in bounce messages with my domain
> >> forged sent to me.  At least some of the messages still retain the
> >> headers so I can tell that we did not originate the message.  I also
> >> know that there is probably little I can do to keep them coming.
> >>

> > http://openspf.org/ one could add spf to domain, and hope bouncers get a
> > clue
> > when bouncing and not rejecting spam :/
> >

> if they had a clue, they wouldn't accept-then-bounce.
> >> I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing a dramatic rise in these
> >> messages?  Is there anything I can do to mitigate this?
> >>

> > i see other types of backscatter that could be solved by using spf
> >

> only if spammers check spf before forging addresses, which I doubt...

I think they do. Because a SPF_FAIL would land their mail in spam
folders

I have had been flooded with backscatter before on domains that didnt
have SPF records. The moment I put SPF records I saw backscatter
disappear. It may have neen coincidental that spammers stopped forging
that domain and moved on

BTW ,

  How does vbounce work , Is there a good link somewhere ?