Jo Rhett wrote:
On Apr 2, 2008, at 12:34 PM, mouss wrote:
no tuning on your side will help solving problems at the other side. For example, I found that hotmail cache the value

Yes, they cache the results of that DNS query for exactly how long you tell them to.

This is not my observation. After moving the MTA to another box, hotmail started discarding mail. testing for more than two weeks didn't change anything. I never sat up a TTL of two weeks.

I have already seen "abusive" dns cache at large sites. this is why I suspect this was a cache issue. but I may be wrong. Anyway, other broken spf implementations/setups were reported. so I am not very confident...

If you want the SPF record cached less, reduce the TTL on that record.

I don't remember, but I think it was 12 or 24 hours. that's less than 2 weeks even counting jet lag around the globe.