Hi, Martin. That's also a very good suggestion. Now I thought that using the -L parameter would turn all those off. I did try that thinking that that was the case however I really wasn't sure that it made a difference. I'll try your suggestion on the zero scores in the local.cf too.

We do run named on that same server and in fact run a total of four nameservers. I'll check and make sure that is the one that is the first choice though in the System Preferences.

I did think of the this and wondered if there was a DDoS against one of those servers that might be causing long pauses in responses. Just about 5 weeks ago I had a DDoS saturating my incoming SMTPs... Despite that, and without SA running we were able to function. (I'd be glad to share individually with anyone the details of how we did that if you are suffering the same.)

Ron Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Having an email problem is painful, but character-building."