John Hardin wrote:
Why is it so flippin' difficult to get a feed of newly-registered domain names?

Because the TLDs hate giving people access to the data and certainly won't provide a feed without a bunch of cash involved. Even worse, all the ccTLDs pretty much refuse to even talk to you about access to the zones. This is why I started processing all the TLDs I was able to obtain access to. There is lag but the most it could be is about 24 hours and that assumes they register a new domain immediately after the TLD dumps the zone.

Honestly, on my system I have less than 0.01% hits against a list of domains registered in the last five days so I've always considered the list a failure. However, several others are reporting excellent hit rates on it. I think it is because the test is so far after everything else though.

--Blaine