Per Jessen wrote:
Occasionally I'd like to do something like this:

whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED]   /^smtp[0-9]+\.orange\.fr$/

The situation is that domain.fr is relaying mail through their provider,
which has a number of smtp servers named smtpNN.orange.fr.  If I were
to stick to the current whitelist_from_rcvd, I'd only be able to do:

whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED]   orange.fr

But that opens to emails from domain.fr also being accepted when sent
from e.g. ADSL and dial-up lines on orange.fr. I think actually it
would be wanadoo.fr in this case,

Indeed. they use ".abo.wandoo.fr" ("abo" stands for "abonné", french for "subscriber"). even if they switch to orange.fr, I guess they would use ".abo.orange.fr" or something like that (but this would not be a small change, so I don't se it coming in the short/medium term).

BTW. Since few years, Orange.fr have started blocking port 25. not yet complete though. (the few I've seen lately are listen on zen and sorbs).

but you get the idea.

yes.

Has anyone already looked at this?