On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 18:35 -0500, Matt Kettler wrote:

> ie: you
> can't tell sa-learn a message is spam and have it apply that information
> in any way to the AWL.  I guess that's really what my point was, and I
> expressed it poorly.

I guess as the OP of this thread, my point was that why shouldn't
sa-learn skew up the (existing) scores in the AWL when it is given a
spam to learn?  IOW, if an entry in the AWL doesn't already exist, don't
add one but if there is a matching entry, skew it's scoring to ensure
that the next time it's used for this sender, it adds to the spamminess
score, not subtracts from it.

I have come to understand via this thread that the
"--add-addr-to-blacklist" (or is it more correctly
"--add-to-blacklist"?) argument effectively does that, adding a "fake"
entry to the AWL representing a spam scored at 100 points.

My proposal would be to roll up this "--add-to-blacklist" spamassassin
argument into sa-learn --ham with the exception of only modifying an
existing entry, not creating new ones.

b.