Gerald Turner a écrit :
> [snip]
>
> It is before-queue while the SMTP connection is still active.  I like to
> bounce in case legitimate people that have yet to be whitelisted trigger
> a false-positive.

yes, reject is generally better than discard.

> Other than possibly dropping a false-positive is there anything else I
> should know of?

No. just false positives. but this is a real problem. of course, this is
site/person dependent.

Instead of discarding mail, deliver it to a mailbox or folder that you
can review. This review can be done quickly (sort by subject, ... etc).

> Yes but I think I'm getting what I want in this case: list spam is
> discarded, whether forged or not.

Indeed. I hope you are aware that mail from some lists (such as this
one) may contain spammy text or patterns (people sending a sample, ...
etc).

>> - There are other cases when you don't want to reject (mail to
>> ab...@example.com, ... etc).
>
> That's the other problem I'm trying to solve (don't reject mail sent to
> these "quasi-spamtrap" addresses, simply discard) - I can see how to do
> it now with custom rules checked in X-Spam-Status header.  Thanks for
> the suggestion.

No, mail to ab...@* should be read. if there is a problem with your
server, this is how we would tell you. and to avoid N steps
conversations, we will include headers or the content of the spam we
received from you... etc. abuse@ and postmaster@ are part of the mail
system. don't let spammers destroy this system.