Greetings;

Using fetchmail->procmail | spamc |procmail -> user mailbox or /dev/null.

I've had zip luck getting a trigger line based on Undisclosed Recipients:, or
Unlisted Recipients: here, so I called up my .procmailrc and tried to enter
the check phrase by doing a copy/paste from the kmail displayed line when in
show all headers mode.  But, when pasting that into vim, there is an
invisible linefeed occupying the underscores place in the header line, and it
doesn't show up in the show all headers display.

The input line looks like this:

To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)@gmail-pop.l.google.com

But copy/pastes as:
To: _
unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)@gmail-pop.l.google.com

Where the underscore is the hidden line feed.  I save the message, and
inspected it with khexedit, but the saved version does not have an 0x0a
there.

Anybody got an idea how the spammers have managed that?

And better yet, how to defend against it as I'd like to /dev/null any message
with an unlisted header.

Thank you for any insight offered.

--
Cheers, Gene