On 17/03/09 6:59 AM, "John Hardin" <jhar...@impsec.org> wrote:

> A question if I may, Neil: does returnpath run any spamtraps to see
> whether your clients are indeed violating your terms? Having few
> complaints is not necessarily a good metric given the number of people who
> will simply curse you and hit [DELETE] rather than reporting the problem.

We do. We have reporting from four well-known and extensive spamtrap
networks. One I can mention publicly is Ironport's Spamcop network. Frankly,
I have not yet had a chance to move on anything but the worst IPs hitting
traps.

I think what would be helpful here is for us to list what we check.

I'll try to post that later in the day.

--
Neil Schwartzman
Director, Accreditation Security & Standards