> From: Neil Schwartzman

snip

> Well, to each his own. I have spent a lot of time reporting spam in my
> life, (probably too much), in actual fact.
>
> My thinking in reporting spam to DNSBLs (I am or was in the top 10
> reporters at Phishtank & URIBL, high on the board at Netcraft, and
> have an ROKSO listing based upon the data I provided), accreditation
> services, and the spammers hosting is that it makes life more
> difficult for the bad guys.
>
> If you don't want to help us, that's fine, but helping the email
> ecosystem is always a good thing.

snip

> Habeas cannot be more vigilant since they do not exist, Return Path
> has begun to, and will be. Once the Safelist IPs are migrated to our
> systems, and we have pressed down on obvious things (I have done some
> preliminary work with the legacy systems but they are not set up to do
> programme compliance and the work is extremely laborious and
> inaccurate to a degree), we will begin a process of auditing the whole
> lot of them, as well as our existing certified customers.
> That's about 800 of them.
>
> These are not placating platitudes; again, we take this seriously.
> Without our receiving partners, our product becomes valueless. This is
> a point recognized and acknowledged all the way to the top of the
> company, and unlike Habeas, I do not report to Sales. That's not how
> we roll.
> --
> Neil Schwartzman

Neil

there is bound to be some way that those (of us or the SA Team) that want to
participate, can help you and help us at the same time.

some type of automated plugin that needs to be created that reports to us
and returnpath info relevant to stopping the bad eggs yet allowing the good
eggs!

something that does not toss internal security in the trash...

:-)

 - rh