On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 5:18 PM, J.D. Falk
<jdfalk-li...@cybernothing.org> wrote:
> RobertH wrote:
>
>> there is bound to be some way that those (of us or the SA Team) that want
>> participate, can help you and help us at the same time.
>>
>> some type of automated plugin that needs to be created that reports to us
>> and returnpath info relevant to stopping the bad eggs yet allowing the
>> good
>> eggs!
>>
>> something that does not toss internal security in the trash...
>
> We already receive copies of user complaints from most of the ISPs who
> utilize our data (and some who don't.  We also receive aggregate statistics
> from an even wider network.  I'd love to find a way to participate with the
> SA community in a similar way.
>
> We've been scratching our heads over how to implement it, though.  What do
> you have in mind?

Maia Mailguard is a neat project that uses SA/amavisd to provide users
with a web based quarantine.  When a user indicates that a message is
spam, the system can automatically submit the message to Razor, Pyzor,
DCC, and SpamCop.  I don't know the details of how these mechanisms
work, but surely you could emulate them or use their reporting systems
as an example.  The code is open source.

Good luck,
Aaron