On 19.03.09 09:54, Michael Hutchinson wrote:
> If an smtproutes entry forces me to accept unknown recipients for said
> affected domain, then Yes, and I would assume that this is the
> behaviour.

Oh, yes, smtproutes is a problem. Not good until we'll all have some clean
way how to detect valid and invalid customers.

> >> I was considering convincing the powers to let me setup SPF, but their
> >> requirement would be to have both v1 and v2 spf tags - and I'm not sure
> >> whether Q-Mail is up to both yet, but some kind of SPF implementation
> >> where we check the tags (not necessarily publish them)
>
> >> but I guess that's an MTA question:)
>
> >forget SPF v2. Use v1 but don't expect huge results, there's still many
> >SMTP servers not checking the SPF...
>
> OK, What's wrong with SPF v2 ?

I think we should better google for it, but iirc SPF v2 is based on Microsoft's
idea that has some logical and some patent issues.

Does anyone here know more/better about SPF v2?
Boost your system's speed by 500% - DEL C:\WINDOWS\*.*