Adam Katz wrote:

For listing both emails and uri's it would be useful if you could add
regular expressions. [...]

Steve Freegard responded:
Yuck; if you want to do stuff using regexp then:

uri RULE_NAME /<regexp>/
score RULE_NAME nn.nnn

Is the best way to do this - not via DNS.

Mike Cardwell defended:
Depends what you're trying to achieve. I thought the objective was a
block list of email addresses that could be queried via the DNS by any
application... Your suggestion doesn't really capture the requirements.

In this particular example, the list should be used for preventing your
users sending emails *to* those addresses. Many organisations rightly or
wrongly don't perform spam filtering on their outgoing relays so
spamassassin is a bit over the top when you can just use another dns
based bl.

If by "any application" you mean "any application that can handle
full-blown perl regular expressions" ... your regex examples are
nontrivial, so you're already pretty much catering to SA anyway.

You completely misunderstood what I was suggesting. On the server side I shove this in my list:

^foo-...@example\.com$

Then when the client looks up fo...@example.com I return a positive result. The client needs no regex capability.

--
Mike Cardwell