On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 08:00 +0200, Mester wrote:
> >> I have a Debian 5.0 server with postfix, amavis-new, spamassassin and
> >> razor.
> > Amavis implements it's own SA daemon, it does not use spamd. So there's
> > a third variable in the equation.
>
> So do I need spamassassin at all?

Err, you will need SpamAssassin. ;)  Then there's 'spamassassin', a Perl
script to invoke a fresh SA on an ad-hoc basis, and 'spamd', the SA
daemon along with it's light-weight client 'spamc'.

Depending on your distro, packager or source, there might be a lot of
variation how these are split up. If you got a dedicated spamd package,
you won't need that. But you definitely will need all the SA Perl stuff.

Amavis just implements its own daemon using the Perl libs, effectively
replacing spamd only.

> >> For some reason razor check only runs if I run the following command
> >> spamassassin < /tmp/test.txt
> > This picks up any recent changes, server-wide and user specific.
>
> >> But if I receive an e-mail from outside the server, or start the
> >> following command
> >> spamc < /tmp/test.txt
> >> razor check do not starts.
> > spamc uses spamd, which needs to be restarted after server-wide changes.
> > Anyway, you don't use it but Amavis. Which also needs to be restarted,
> > after server-wide changes...
>
> I have restarted the whole system after configuring everything.

That should take care of it indeed.

> >> What can be the problem?
> > You did not restart Amavis after enabling razor? You did not restart
> > spamd? Well, you don't use it, so disable it.
>
> Should I disable spamassassin?

If by that you mean the system service, and that service actually starts
the spamd daemon -- yeah, you won't need that.

> > You did enable razor in the server-wide config, right? Not per-user
> > settings.
>
> I have enabled razor this way:
>
> I have this lines in my /etc/spamassassin/local.cf
> #razor
> use_razor2 1
> razor_config /etc/razor/razor-agent.conf
>
> I also have this line in /etc/spamassassin/v310.pre
> loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2
>
> It should be enough according to many HOW-TOs. Or should I enable Razor
> in some Amavis-new config file? If yes where and how?

Sorry, don't know details about Amavis. But it doesn't happen to be
configured to run without network tests or something?

Since running 'spamassassin' does use Razor, but Amavis does not, I'd go
check the Amavis configuration.

BTW, how did you verify Amavis doesn't use Razor? And spamassassin does?

--
char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu...@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a\x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";