Benny Pedersen wrote:
On Fri, June 12, 2009 14:37, Matt Kettler wrote:
If you look at the message headers, there's a header explaining where to
send unsubscribe messages to (this is the RFC standard header for doing
this, so look for it in other mailing lists):

google webmail does not support it :/

Thats actually an interesting point, and kinda ironic at that.

Since we saw two of them come in pretty back to back, I suspect a joe job of sometype. those people might not have subscribed.

other interesting point,

the spamassassin mailing list does violate (technically) the US (you) CAN-SPAM laws. #1, no easy unsubscribe (if you are on gmail, you really can't unless you know how to)
#2, no full physical address of sender.

this just goes to show how stupid can-spam is, if spammers can easily buy 20,000 nonsense domains, subscribe you without your permission to all 20,000, include a remove link and address and make you unsubscribe from all 20,000

SA mailing list folks: you might want to include both automatically in the footer of your emails. Yes, they will break dkim signing for many people, but maybe we should lead by example.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
> *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(r). For Information please see http://www.secnap.com/products/spammertrap/