At 07:16 PM 6/12/2009, you wrote:
LuKreme,

I agree  that one should be able to read the mail headers, but unless
you knew to look there, you wouldn't really ever care to.  Especially
when wanting to unsubscribe.  I don't think it has ever come across my
mind to look there.  RFC's aside...a link at the bottom of the email
is the easiest.  I don't plan on unsubscribing so I don't really care,
but being bull headed is pointless in this case.

I know we're beating a dead horse here, but a few things to think about:

You don't MAGICALLY join a mailing list. You have to follow usually a few steps (often not only subscribe, but often confirm your request by replying to the "You really want to join this list?" e-mail or clicking on a link in the e-mail.

You generally get a e-mail telling you that you've confirmed your subscription AND includes instructions on how to unsubscribe.

Almost EVERY mailing list either includes instructions on how to unsubscribe at the bottom or in the headers.

If you're joining a anti-spam mailing list, you should be able to figure out how to unsubscribe.

Almost NO mailing list software has you e-mail the general list to perform commands such as unsubscribe.

If you're smart enough to join, you should be smart enough to unsubscribe.

I'm probably missing sometihng, but that's a good majority of it.