> > I stumbled upon an odd issue the other day that I'm having trouble
> > tracking down.  Namely, a certain rule in the sought rule set, when
> > compiled for use with Rule2XSBody is causing the processing of *some*
> > emails to, well, never really end.  Piping the mail through
> > spamassassin or into spamd just results in the process hanging
> > and the memory usage
> > going higher and higher (2+ gigs, easily) and seemingly ignoring any
> > sort of timeouts.  The process finally gets killed only when the OS
> > notices it's out of memory and starts killing processes or when I'm
> > able to sneak in and kill -9 it.  There's nothing in the debug of SA
> > whatsoever.

I've been seeing exactly the same behaviour off and on since Friday last week.
I'd not yet managed to narrow it down to a specific rule or email, but your
example triggers it every time on my i386 boxes.

> hey Matt -- what version of re2c is installed?

I'm currently using re2c v0.12.1 on both i386 and x64.  However, I can only
reproduce the problem on i386, spamd processes & returns the email immediately
on x64.

Sean