At 08:31 09-07-2009, Bob Proulx wrote:
I just wanted to confirm that I am seeing twitter invite spam that
appears AFAICT to be from twitter.com to addresses that are not and
never have been associated with Twitter.  Mostly moderated mailing
lists.  It looks to me like there is some type of interface at Twitter
that allows a user to upload a list of email addresses and invite them
to use Twitter.  Probably because addresses exist in a user's mailbox
they get spammed by Twitter with an invite.

That's social networks spam. Your friends are happy to upload their address book to those sites so that you can be spammed. :-) If you are running mailing lists, don't whitelist those domains. That also applies if you don't want to be spammed by those domains.

Regards,
-sm