On Thu, July 30, 2009 16:46, Sebastian Wiesinger wrote:
> * Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> [2009-07-30 16:35]:
>> On 30.07.09 14:03, Sebastian Wiesinger wrote:
>> > I was under the impression that whitelist_from_rcvd checks if the
>> > reverse lookup is forged. But still with the following rule
>> >
>> > whitelist_from_rcvd *...@alita.karotte.org localhost
>> >
>> > the attached mail is whitelisted because 220.231.127.15 resolves to
>> > localhost.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
>>
>> a bug apparently.
>>
>> However, the
>>
>> whitelist_from_rcvd *...@alita.karotte.org localhost
>>
>> should never work, because it works at network boundary, while localhost
>> should always be in your networks (trusted and internal too)
>
> It does work for me. Every mail from the local server gets
> whitelisted.
>
> So how can I whitelist mails which come from the server where my
> SpamAssassin is running? I have the problem that I get logfiles which
> sometimes contain spam URLS and such things. I don't want this to be
> scored as spam. whitelist_from_rcvd did seem to do the trick except
> for this bug.

http://old.openspf.org/wizard.html?mydomain=ml.karotte.org&submit=Go!
http://old.openspf.org/wizard.html?mydomain=karotte.org

go -all when all is ok

and use pypolicyd-spf from this site on mta, remember to whitelist ip that is
known to you as
a forwarder in pypolicyd-spf

in sa remove whitelist_from_rcvd

change score for user_in_whitelist to not be just -100, it is bad used mostly,
and there is
better ways to make sure you dont get forged emails

and add all your own wan ip to trusted_networks

reduce the spf problems some says are there

the above mail you posted have spf_fail, why did you accept it in mta ?

--
xpoint