On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Jeff Mincy wrote:

  From: Sebastian Wiesinger <spamassassin.us...@ml.karotte.org>
  Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:48:09 +0200

  * John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org> [2009-07-30 17:39]:
  >> Sendmail -> Procmail -> SA (spamc)
  >
  > Cool, that should be simple.
  >
  > Can you send:
  >
  > (1) the Received: headers from an email generated on that box, and
  >
  > (2) the procmail stanza where you call SA?

  I could create a procmail rule that excludes local mail from SA, but I
  would much rather like to whitelist this in spamassassin. Nevertheless
  thanks for your offer to help with procmail.

Processing locally generated email that contain spam URLs through
SpamAssassin is not a particularly good idea.  If you have Bayes
enabled then you are training your Bayes that spam URLs and whatever
else is in the log files are hammy tokens.

...if you have Bayse _autolearn_ enabled...

You really do want to skip SpamAssassin processing on messages like
this in your procmail.

  I'm seriously considering getting one of those bright-orange prison
  overalls and stencilling PASSENGER on the back. Along with the paper
  slippers, I ought to be able to walk right through security.
                                             -- Brian Kantor in a.s.r
 6 days until the 274th anniversary of John Peter Zenger's acquittal