Mariusz Kruk wrote:

> Every respectable RBL has _clear_ rules of
> 1. Listing

Hmm, I'm not so sure - how about spamcop, surbl, uribl, spamhaus?  Their
rules are exactly as clear or unclear as those of uceprotect.

http://www.uceprotect.net/en/index.php?m=3&s=3

I too _would_ like to know how the data is collected, coz' that would
enable me to increase the scores (assuming I agree with the
policy/method), but the policy as described are sufficient for me to
use the data.

> The problem is not in the fact of running RBL as such. The problem is
> in misleading people to use this service and using it to gain
> advantage over people forcing them to pay money.

How do you see UCEPROTECT misleading anyone?  I think they're actually
being more open/explicit about their policies than some providers I can
think of.

> Oh, and BTW, http://www.uceprotect.net/en/index.php?m=2&s=0
> See the 15th question's response. I don't know about you but for me
> 'anonymous circle of well-known people' seems kinda oxymoronic.

Not at all.  I have a circle of friends that are well-known to me - when
I don't tell everyone who they are, they are anonymous.

> And another BTW. I found a mailinglist discussion about UCEPROTECT in
> which you also took part (no, I wasn't looking for you :->)
> http://lists.swinog.ch/public/swinog/2008-January/002432.html
> Don't you think that manually adding someone to a blacklist (for free!
> *evil grin*) is tampering with it without clear rules? The guy with
> the autoresponder was surely causing some inconvenience but the proper
> response was to notify the list owner, not to add IP to the blacklist.

Like I said in that thread, yes, I think that is a somewhat problematic
practice - which is why I don't block with UCEPROTECT.

/Per Jessen, Zürich