On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, dar...@chaosreigns.com wrote:
Charles:  Thanks, I clearly need to lay out implementation sequence.

Sorry to be wasting your time, but I am smart enough to have grasped it from your previous e-mails. You just WANT your solution to be magically adopted by everyone and you seem to be completely dismissing/ignoring the real and practical improbability of any widespread implementation....

Are you willing to, right now, create a <IP (reversed)>.mtx.<hostname> DNS
record for all your transmitting mail servers?  If not, why not?

Because it does not benefit me or my users. You have failed to convince me that any significant widespread implementation will occur, and have not demonstrated any signficant new benefits that make your idea any more appealing than existing SPF and white/blacklists..... For me, it is simpler to forward mail in an SPF-compatible fashion, and require SMTP Auth through one server designated with SPF-PASS. Haven't done that yet, for similar reasons. :)

Any thoughts on the format of that record yet?

Take a look at the format used by SPF. You are eliminating the cross-reference to sender address, but otherwise, all the subtle nuances are the same. Which still leads me back to 'why should I bother to participate in reinventing the wheel'....

Anyways, this is my fin du conversation....

- C