On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 11:42 -0500, dar...@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> I apparently need to clarify that I think this is a good idea because I am
> concerned about the number of people (who control DNS records) who are very
> strongly against creating SPF records specifically because of forwarding
> breakage.  The email I got in response to my request for my employer to
> create an SPF record included the word "abomination".  From a friend.
> I don't entirely agree, but it is a problem for adoption.
>
> This is entirely an attempt to replicate the functionality of SPF without
> breaking forwarding, and without causing other problems that might
> discourage adoption.

How does this idea authenticate mail from domain ? SPF is aimed at doing
that.

IMHO the SPF-breaks-forwarding argument is misplaced
What about SRS. If SRS implementation is not going to be easy because
mailservers have been there too long for adopting anything new then can
your be sure MailServer IP validation will be adopted  ?

Anyway I block spams from almost all non-mailservers by using RBL's
I dont see any value add in implementing this

Thanks
Ram