On 02/16, Kris Deugau wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote:
>> ...  Since your idea also
>> requires blacklists to counter this effect then I'm still not sure what
>> this adds.
>
> *nod*  This is the biggest question I still see remaining;  who
> maintains the blacklist?  How many spams can come from an "MTX-approved"
> IP before it can/should be blacklisted?

Because I believe it will be far easier to maintain a list of IPs and / or
domains which spam *and* use MTX, due to significant reduction in IPs they
can spam from.  My last post went into more detail.

The problem of deciding at which point you blacklist somebody is the reason
why my blacklist implementation allows you to set an SA score for each
domain.  So hosts which send legitimate email *and* spam you can give a
score which only negates the effect of the MTX Pass.

The public blacklist implementation also allows for this distinction.

--
"Will I ever learn? I hope not, I'm having too much fun."
- Brent "Minime" Avis, motorcycle.com