Hello,

Am 2010-03-10 22:17:05, schrieb Carlos Mennens:
> OK so today I got my 1st spam email from someone at a yahoo.com email
> address. Basically SA didn't score it at all and 'Postgray' did it's
> job. Below are the headers from SA:

Be happy, you got only one...

> My question is what do you recommend I do to avoid this? I don't know
> how this person (spammer) got my email address but regardless its out
> there and I can't block all Yahoo servers because some of my friends
> do have legit Yahoo accounts and send me email. Is there something I
> should tweak / change on my server? I added my Postfix mail log for
> anyone who cares to see it but I am just asking for advice on what to
> do since this is a new email server and I don't want to start getting
> spam. I hope someone can please point me in the right direction...

I am using courier and a sniples looks like:

----[ '/etc/courier/bofh' ]---------------------------------------------
badfrom @aol.com
badfrom @aol.net
badfrom @blogger.com
badfrom @facebook.com
badfrom @facebookmail.com
badfrom @flirtcafe.de
badfrom @gtsc.ae
badfrom @hotmail.cn
badfrom @hotmail.com
badfrom @hotmail.de
badfrom @hotmail.es
badfrom @hotmail.fr
badfrom @indosatm2.com
badfrom @indosat.net.id
badfrom @info.gamanetwork.com
badfrom @yahoo.com
badfrom @live.cn
badfrom @live.com
badfrom @live.de
badfrom @live.es
badfrom @live.fr
badfrom @live.mx
badfrom @msn.com
badfrom @msn.net
badfrom @online.idgconnectglobal.com
badfrom @twitter.com
badfrom @verizon.com

badfrom postmas...@mms.metropcs.net

badfrom nore...@message.myspace.com
badfrom administra...@willspc.net
badfrom jonathan.dabo...@hotmail.fr

Since I have ths list, I get per day arround 18.000 spams lesser.

And, because I can not send messages to some providers like  msn,  live,
hotmal, verizon, ..., because they blacklist my server or the whole  /11
where I am in...

Also UUCEPROTECT (and if you WHO they are, and HOW MANY spams they  have
send out in the past) is one of this  candidates  which  block  the  /11
network withmore then 1300 legitimate mailservers and enterprises.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4miche...@jabber.ccc.de           67100 Strabourg/France
IRC    #Debian (irc.icq.com)                  Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ    #328449886                             Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193