Alex wrote:
Hi,

Last October Marc posted the following URL that compared the various RBLs:

http://www.sdsc.edu/~jeff/spam/cbc.html

It seems barracuda is still leading, but is that also everyone's
experience? Can anyone provide details on how Jeff computed this
information and is it as cut-and-dried as this makes it seem? IOW,
barracuda, the free service, is "better" than all the rest...

As others have noted, FPs are not taken into account so one must consider that.

Last year when the barracuda config was first posted to this list, I implemented it on my personal mail server with a very high score so as to trigger automatic quarantines for all mail hitting the list, and have since checked all hits by hand. I currently use zen.spamhaus at the smtp stage to reject spam, so hits against barracuda only comprise of those that are "missed" by zen. I was particularly interested in FPs.

During the last year I don't think I've seen a single FP hit against barracuda :surprised: That said, I still haven't found the confidence to implement it at the smtp stage for outright rejection but the numbers I'm seeing do tend towards telling me the list is of generally high quality.