Le mercredi 18 août 2010 à 12:10 +0100, corpus.defero a écrit :

> On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 06:36 -0400, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> > On 8/17/10 7:30 PM, Alexandre Chapellon wrote:
> > > Hi the list,
> > >
> > > I am posting the results of my tests in order to have
> > > fedback/feelings/remarqs.
> > > This is not directly spamassassin related, but can be helpful for
> > > people (I saw here) wondering if they would used the barracuda
> > > DNSBL.
> > >
> > > When other well known DNSBL (I have always heard spamhaus sbl and
> > > xbl are trust worthy) list less at most 50 entries , barrcuda lists
> > > almost 8000!!!!
> They list spammers based on trend and feedback from their appliance
> users. Personally I find it very accurate and it hits out rubbish that
> other lists seem to inexplicably (£$£$£$) miss.

I do not doubt they catch thing that others would let go through :)!
I doubt it's for good reason. Have you ever tried to measure your false
positive rate?
If you use it for scoring mail it may not have big impact...

FYI: I have seen listed in barracuda IPs of switches and routers. I'va
double check, and smtp relay is not open on thoose devices and they only
sends messages internally... and to the support... BUT! the support has
a barracuda gateway, which seems to recognize its own report sent by
their devices as spam... and automatically feeding their RBL...
This means that every missconfigured device is suceptible to insert
false positive entries in the dnsBL.