On 8/18/2010 4:46 PM, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 12:38 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
Registering with a white list doesn't reduce spam. It reduces false
positives when you send email.

If you want to reduce spam however you could add this MX record as your
highest numbered MX.

tarbaby. [...]
Ahem.

Marc, your infrequent (and off-topic at that) post about adding your
tarpit MX for third-party domains is one thing. So far, it was a new
thread always, and well, the very same arguing against it started
immediately.

This response, however, is a totally different thing. In my not so
humble opinion, this is advertising -- almost cold-calling -- without
the *necessary* discussion of what this does, what it actually means and
the downsides implied.

Please do not do it this way.

   guenther  -- with his SA PMC and moderator hat on

I've described it a number of times on the list. I don't see why I need to continue to do that. They were discussing ways to reduce spam and I mentioned it. It's free - it works - and there is no down side.

Here's the info on it.

http://wiki.junkemailfilter.com/index.php/Project_tarbaby

And it helps build black lists of spam bots that people can use for free.

Now you're going to criticize me for explaining what you just asked for?

--
Marc Perkel - Sales/Support
supp...@junkemailfilter.com