Hi All,

Recently I've been getting a bit of filter-bleed from a bunch of spams injected via Hotmail/Yahoo that contain shortened URLs e.g. bit.ly/foo that upon closer inspection would have been rejected with a high score if the real URL had been used.

To that end - it annoyed me enough to write a plug-in that decodes the shortened URL using an HTTP HEAD request to extract the location header sent by the shortening service and to put this into the list of extracted URIs for other plug-ins to find (such as URIDNSBL).

On the messages I tested it with - it raised the scores from <5 to >10 based on URIDNSBL hits which is just what I wanted.

Hopefully it will be useful to others; you can grab it from:

http://www.fsl.com/support/DecodeShortURLs.pm
http://www.fsl.com/support/DecodeShortURLs.cf

Kind regards,
Steve.