Darxus,

> And I'm curious if you are asking the question you mean to.  What exactly
> is the way postfix checks this?  Specifically, I'm wondering if you're
> referring to reject_unknown_client, which I've used for years, and which
> does not use MX addresses.
>
> I don't know of an option to reject an email because the sending domain
> has no MX record.  As has been said, the standards require then delivering
> email to the A record for the domain.  I don't know how common this is
> among legit mail servers, but I've certainly seen it.

reject_unknown_sender_domain

  Reject the request when Postfix is not final destination for the sender
  address, and the MAIL FROM address has no DNS A or MX record, or when
  it has a malformed MX record such as a record with a zero-length MX
  hostname (Postfix version 2.3 and later).

  The unknown_address_reject_code parameter specifies the numerical
  response code for rejected requests (default: 450). The response is
  always 450 in case of a temporary DNS error.

  The unknown_address_tempfail_action parameter specifies the action
  after a temporary DNS error (default: defer_if_permit).

Mark