At least to my personal email address that I have had for about 9 years now, so I use it for a lot of my testing, about 90% of spam thats getting through my regular spamassassin filters is coming from the format I described in my first email. I havent had a chance to check on my other spamassassin servers to see how common this is, but its definitely to me, so I can only guess its to others unless somehow just a particular spammer is using this strategy (though there isnt anything in common with content or the servers its coming from).

All the filters I use now are pretty standard ones and I have never done anything custom, so I am really not sure how to even use the example below that was given to me in an earlier email:

Watch __TO_EQ_FROM_USR and __TO_EQ_FROM_USR_NN on ruleqa starting
tomorrow.  The latter rule ignores trailing numbers, e.g. From:
joh...@example.com matches To: j...@other.example.org as well as To:
john6143598435623...@unrealistic.example.net.

Is this just theory code or does something like what I am talking already
exist? I couldnt find anything on google relating to '
__TO_EQ_FROM_USR_NN'.

Thanks,
Mark