> That said, I would suggest to not decouple bayes from SA, since I wouldn't
> see any advantage
> in this approach and you would rather miss the a bayes score from the SA
> totals. You would
> end having more FPs due to the bayesian mailer running apart and needing
> special score
> thresholds in SA.

That was my thinking as well.  Thanks for confirming that I'm on the right
track.

> I would also suggest to avoid using amavisd and the like to run SA tests:
> that application supplies some message routing schemes which are really
> useful with
> "simple" mail exchangers, but that may complicate things a lot with a
> mailet-based design. I
> would suggest to use spamd instead.

Hmm, that's something I hadn't thought about. As it is, it's not a problem.
James 3.0 includes a mailet that talks directly to spamd, and we backported it
to the version we're running.

> Also, to complete the system, I recall there were some AV-mailets at the age.
> If possible use > them before SA to catch message carrying viruses.

Absolutely - we've got ClamAV running first, before anything touches SA, and
using some of the SaneSecurity signature sets to catch additional malware.

Thanks!

Kelson Vibber
TollFreeForwarding.com, Development