On Thu, 2014-02-20 at 16:39 -0500, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 2/20/2014 4:35 PM, Amir 'CG' Caspi wrote:
> > If it's a size issue, how can I increase the size limit for sa-learn?
> > But, I don't think it's a size issue since these messages are under 512k
> > each.
> --max-size= I believe.  Default is 256K.

Sorry, no. According to my manpage (SA 3.3.2) there is no --max-size
option and (second try) sa-learn --max-size is rejected as an unknown
option.

On the same subject, is there any change that a max-size configuration
parameter could be supplied via local.cf?

Reasons:

1) IMO a single central setting is better than remembering to specify
   and change it in several scripts. Currently it needs to be set to
   the same value in every script or MTA configuration that can run
   spamc and/or sa-learn and its quite easy to miss one.

2) There currently seems to be no way of overriding the default max
   message size for the commands spamassassin, spamd or sa-learn.

3) It improves system documentation to have all parameter settings in
   one place.

I accept that setting the message size in local.cf may slow spamc down
slightly if spamd doesn't already send a reply to spamc, which could
pass the setting back, before accepting the message but the overhead of
adding the reply message should be quite small.

Martin