On 3/17/2014 10:34 AM, Axb wrote:
On 03/17/2014 03:12 PM, Bowie Bailey wrote:
I may build from source anyway just so I can keep it current.  I can
deal with a bit of a lag with SA, but I'd prefer to update it within a
month or so.  I'm already installing ClamAV from source so I can make
sure to keep it current (don't want any lag at all on that one).
Just remember to do the yum remove before installing from source, unless
you take time to set all paths as RHEL does.
If you run spamd, you may want to save your init script & options/paths.
make install won't install one for you.

Right.  Been there, done that...  :)

This is a new system, so I don't have to worry about existing paths or config files. I was just trying to decide on the best way to install/maintain SA. When I built the old system several years ago, the repos didn't have a lot of the Perl packages that I needed, so I decided to just use CPAN for Perl stuff. Now most of the common Perl packages are in the repos, so I was taking another look at it.

--
Bowie