On 6/9/2014 2:38 PM, David F. Skoll wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 14:24:19 -0400
Patrick Domack <patric...@patrickdk.com> wrote:

That could be easily done. Only issue is, if you trust the
distributed lookups to have accurate infomation.
I suppose we could build in a trust system, where if enough
distributed clients upload the same info, it could be trusted.
There's a company that offers a domain-age-like service:
https://www.farsightsecurity.com/Services/NOD/

Their approach is interesting (they receive a huge volume of DNS
traffic and keep track of domain lookups that are "newly seen".)

Their price for practical volumes of lookups, unfortunately, is
ridiculously expensive, which has prevented us from pursuing this
any further.
I think the core issue is that age of domains is a good indicator of spam. So there is merit in building a distributed look-up system using SA.

I have more ideas than resources, of course...