Quoting Axb <axb.li...@gmail.com>:

On 06/10/2014 04:14 PM, Patrick Domack wrote:

Quoting Axb <axb.li...@gmail.com>:

On 06/10/2014 12:28 PM, Patrick Domack wrote:

Not saying this doesn't happen. But also, how often does someone
register a domain, move all their users to the new domain, have the
server all reconfigured to use this new domain, all within the first
day?

I know personally, I have always taken at least a week to do it, mainly
just to make sure I didn't miss anything, and to double check everything
as I go. The Last thing I do is force users to change their email
addresses.

domains don't have to have users on them.

"coming up" film sites, parents setting up sweet16 sites, wedding
sites, cosmetic vendors, art festivals, etc, etc, TONS of etc,  use
new domains for marketing, often seen in mail even before DNS is has
fully replicated.

Yes, anything is possible.

I have yet, to see any ligit email though, I'm sure I will a few times a
year. I have seen email before dns/whois even is updated.

But personally, one should work to establish their reputation before
blasting out emails. You have to do this when moving ip addresses, and
also for domains, though not as many servers track domain reputation as
much as ip reputation.

you honestly expect marketing drones to understand/care?

All URI BLs I know of (SURBL/URIBL/DBL/Invaluement/etc) check & track domain reputation otherwise they'd be unusable.

Their listings are not blind - they all have their secret sauce to process before listing a domain.

So, we are unwilling to look into any new ideas cause there might be an issue? that we haven't scoped or checked into?

How is progress made, when your unwilling to check and collect stats and figures.

This was meant to be another metric that could, or might not be used. I personally got tired of everyone talking about it, many shooting it down, and NO ONE actually looking into it, and reporting real stats about it.

Personally, I thought it was a pointless test, but it is proving useful. Does it single handily solve spam and has no side effects? No, but if you find that solution, you will be rich.